Saturday, July 15th 2017 at 10 a.m.
The Grand Miners Parade is a tradition stretching back over 50 years in Cottage Grove.
Sponsor: South Lane Fire & Rescue/FireMed
- Route: The parade steps off at 10 a.m. sharp. All entries must be in place by 9:45 am. The route begins at Jackson Avenue and proceeds north on South 10th Street to Main Street. It turns right and proceeds east on Main Street past Coiner Park to Gateway Boulevard. It then turns right and heads south on Gateway Boulevard and ends at East Washington Avenue.
- Entry Fee: Entries must submit application and pay appropriate fee. There will be an additional fee if application is turned after July 1st.
- $35.00 for Businesses & Policital Groups
- $15.00 for nonprofit organizations and individuals
- Be imaginative and design an entry to reflect your business, organization, or just for fun.
- Theme: “Every Trail Tells a Tale"
Don was born & raised in Everett, Washington. In 1954, Don began working for the Weyerhaeuser Company as an apprentice and eventually worked his way into management, retiring in 1991 as a project manager. In 1975, the company relocated Don and his family to Cottage Grove. For more than four decades he's been actively involved in the leadership of community organizations such as the Chamber of Commerce, Rotary, Bohemia Mining Days, Lane County’s Criminal Corrections Committee, T.E.A.M-Cottage Grove, the Friends of the Cottage Grove Carousel -- and more! He is a past recipient of the Chamber's First Citizen and Distinguished Service Awards. He currently serves as Vice President of the BMD Heritage Association. As a past organizer of the Grand Miners Parade for many years, it is only fitting to have him serve as its Grand Marshal this year.
- Sat, July 15th 2017: 10 a.m
After marching in the Grand Miners Parade, Eugene's One More Time Marching Band performs a concert in the gazebo in Coiner Park's Bohemia City.