Saturday, July 15th 2017 at 10 a.m.
The Grand Miners Parade is a tradition stretching back over 50 years in Cottage Grove.
Sponsor: South Lane Fire & Rescue/FireMed
- Route: The parade steps off at 10 a.m. sharp. All entries must be in place by 9:45 am. The route begins at Jackson Avenue and proceeds north on South 10th Street to Main Street. It turns right and proceeds east on Main Street past Coiner Park to Gateway Boulevard. It then turns right and heads south on Gateway Boulevard and ends at East Washington Avenue.
- Entry Fee: Entries must submit application and pay appropriate fee. There will be an additional fee if application is turned after July 1st.
- $35.00 for Businesses & Policital Groups
- $15.00 for nonprofit organizations and individuals
- Be imaginative and design an entry to reflect your business, organization, or just for fun.
- Theme: “Galloping into the Past..."
Don was born & raised in Everett, Washington. In 1954, Don began working for the Weyerhaeuser Company as an apprentice and eventually worked his way into management, retiring in 1991 as a project manager. In 1975, the company relocated Don and his family to Cottage Grove. For more than four decades he's been actively involved in the leadership of community organizations such as the Chamber of Commerce, Rotary, Bohemia Mining Days, Lane County’s Criminal Corrections Committee, T.E.A.M-Cottage Grove, the Friends of the Cottage Grove Carousel -- and more! He is a past recipient of the Chamber's First Citizen and Distinguished Service Awards. He currently serves as Vice President of the BMD Heritage Association. As a past organizer of the Grand Miners Parade for many years, it is only fitting to have him serve as its Grand Marshal this year.
2014 GRAND MINER'S AWARD:
1st Place: Storybook Theater
2nd Place: Prospectors & Gold diggers
3rd Place: Bohemia Mine Owners Assoc.
BOHEMIA AMBASSADOR AWARD
1st Place: Steve the miner (I gave him his ribbon before he left the parade)
2nd Place: Parent Partnership
3rd Place: Rosie the Riveter
1st place: Territorial Seed
2nd Place: The Police
3rd Place: McClung Dentistry
1st Place: Cottage Grove Speedway
2nd Place: 912 Project
3rd Place: Red Hat Society
1st Place CG Riding Club
2nd Place: Saginaw Law
3rd Place: Sharon Riddle
1st Place: Calvary Church
2nd Place One Time Marching Band
3rd Place W.O.E.
- Sat, July 15th 2017: 10 a.m
After marching in the Grand Miners Parade, Eugene's One More Time Marching Band performs a concert in the gazebo in Coiner Park's Bohemia City.